The candidate for heavy goods vehicles Filip Hrgovic says he thinks that Joe Joyce should retire immediately after their fight of 10 laps this Saturday evening on April 5 because he thinks that `the mastodon ” is” old and does not seem good “. The two heavyweights are headlining live on Dazn at the Live Arena co-op in Manchester, England.
Joyce: Too old?
Joyce, 39, has lost three of his last four fights since 2023, and his most disturbing defeat was against Derek Chisora, 41, on July 27 of last year.
He is a guy that “the juggernaut” Joyce (16-3, 15 ko) would probably have destroyed if he had fought it five years ago when he beat fighters like Daniel Dubois. Losing against Chisora by a unanimous decision of 10 laps showed that things had changed with him.
Joyce’s career began to collapse when he was arrested in the sixth round by Zhilei Zhang during their first fight on April 15, 2023. Instead of moving on, Joe chose to fight the South striking Zhang in an immediate revenge match and was exploded in three laps in September 2023.
The punch resistance of the mastodon was perhaps affected by his second defeat against Zhang because he was injured in his fight against the companion Kash Ali last year in March and was arrested by Chisora.
Assuming that Joyce’s ability to punch is always the same, he needs to lose weight to return in the 250s. He was at his best when he weighed in this range. Joyce increased in the 280s for his fights against Zhang, and he remained at this weight. It is too much weight for anyone, in particular a naturally slow fighter.
“Yeah, I think he should retire. He is old, and he doesn’t seem good. I think he has done a lot, and he can be proud. He should retire after Saturday,” Filip Hrgovic told Second About his conviction that at 39 years old, Joe Joyce must retire after their confrontation this Saturday, April 5 in Manchester.
Hrgovic (17-1, 14 Kos) is also in a bad career situation, after an eighth round of eighth round against Daniel Dubois on June 1 of last year. He cannot afford another defeat if he wants to obtain a crack in a world title before going out. None of the champions will look in the direction of Hrgovic if he is beaten again.
The Hrgovic border
“This is a great risk. A loss will put me out of the image,” said Hrgovic about him by replacing late in a two -week notice to fight Joyce. “When I thought about it, I accepted the challenge and I feel ready to defeat him.
“Many things happened that was out of my hands. I was injured and sick before the fight. I got two massive cuts in the fight,” said Hrgovic, explaining why he had lost against Daniel Dubois on June 1 of last year in Riyadh. “It was not the best version of myself, and I think that if I am well prepared and that I am healthy, I can compete with anyone.”
Last update on 04/03/2025